Tuesday 29 September 2015

when, all that matters is you and everyone
















I stood on the precipice when I was young
as a thousand years passed in front of my eyes

thrown down mountains and upturned oceans
suffocated my cries

but you'll never make me lose my love
this world still conjures a dream

I can see clearly now from my iron lung
when, all that matters is you and everyone

and if you tied me to the stake
there's no time for excuses
with the devil on the rack
Titanic sinks the ground he takes
will forever be lost to the skies
 
and if the fruits of our labours
turn out to be only hallucinations
you know we're in God's pocket
a misspent youth
living like a rocket
on a world coming down

tears from the sun
light up our constellations
with only a tightrope
to walk between the mapping of our lives
open up the doors 
give us another chance
cos who's there to trust
if our hands are only full of dust

pray they'll be no reaper man today

...


No comments:

Post a Comment