Tuesday 16 June 2015

Sotheby's, RA Summer Show, Entourage & American Buffalo all in one day




Sotheby's Part 1 : Happened upon this well known auctioneers last week and artworks were open to the public to view. Viewing 5th-9th Auction was 9th/10th June

Modern & post war British Art : Alfred Wallis, Sickert, Winifred Nicholson, Henry Moore, Caro, Patrick Heron, Lynn Chadwick, Gore, Kenneth Armitage, Lowry, Cecil Collins, Ben Nicholson, William Turnbull, Peter Lanyon, Patrick Caufield...and Churchill was a bit of an accomplished painter too. I haven't seen many Lowry works before and I really liked House and The Lookers On.

loved this Caro with 'tool' parts

Alfred Wallis (Three trees) a snip at £40,000, Armitage group II £20,000, Patrick Heron 'Lemon into Cadmium' about £400,000 & a Frederick Gore a bit cheaper at £120,000 I tend not to look at the prices. Only the art.

Insect William Turnbull 
Pop

Great Caro plumbing

mirror mirror

Musical Caro : Serenade in Red
I did not raise a hand to bid on any of the items... (I forgot my credit card) I dipped my hat and just bought a catalogue instead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment