Sunday 22 February 2015

Sia Chandelier : I'm holding out for the Oscars tonight

87th Oscars

Ai Chandelier.. 


OSCAR goes to Kristen Wiig & Maddie Ziegler for their predilections of dance performance(s)...

One two Wei Wei 
I'm holding on for tonight because I ain't got Sky TV to watch the Oscars so I'll catch the highlights and do some sort of prediction that I'm not going to put a bet on because Turner isn't up for Best Film and Christopher Nolan's not up for Best Director for Interstellar...Philip Seymour Hoffman (RIP) is not nominated for Best Actor in A Most Wanted Man..Renne Russo is not up for Best Actress in Nightcrawler and seriously the Lego Movie is not up for best Feature Animation ?! Everything is awesome...SNL at 40

Best Picture - Boyhood
Best Director - Richard Linklater, Boyhood
Best Actress - Reese Witherspoon, Wild
Best Actor - Eddie Redmayne, The Theory of Everything
Best Supporting Actress - Patricia Arquette, Boyhood
Best Supporting Actor - Edward Norton, Birdman
Best Adapted Screenplay - Paul Thomas Anderson, Inherent Vice
Best Original Screenplay - Wes Anderson, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Best Film Editing - Sandra Adair, Boyhood
Best Original Score - Hans Zimmer, Interstellar
Best Cinematography - Dick Pope, Mr Turner
Best Costume Design - Milena Canonero, The Grand Budapest Hotel
Best Makeup and Hairstyling - Elizabeth Yianni-Georgio & David White, Guardians of the Galaxy
              
 
One two three Ai WeiWei swing

23rd Feb update...Best Stunt man & Best Stunt woman category missing including key grip

Thank goodness I didn't put a bet on the above...4 out of 13. Birdman really is a rollercoaster of a funny film to watch..a first for a comedy win then. I haven't seen Selma, The Imitation Game, Still Alice or The Theory of Everything or Whiplash so - basically I was no film expert or most likely, not very good at guessing. (Do you think he'll do Birdman 2? I mean I am confused by the ending...) 

JK Simmons (as Fletcher) : "Stop pussy footing around! How dare you call yourself an artist...you call that a mark of respect. Shame on you..make that mark again and I'll break your arm goddamn it"

Moi : "Alright chill out..I make only marks in paint. This is the internet there's no actual marks and you're called Terence anyway"

(He then gave me a slap, threw my easel over and stamped on my paints..which is really annoying cos he walked all over the carpet and it's a non-washable one)

ps Congrats to whoever gets the 6,400th hit..it comes with the territory

Rocky Balboa: Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain’t you. You’re better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment