Sunday 20 September 2015

Cities of Gods

I took a drive to the City of Gods
Where an angel took me by the hand
Told me not to bury this life in the sand
So I set sail to the Isle of Dogs...

The doors were locked the windows closed
Who said the way to kiss was on the nose ?
I met a lonely girl standing there
Holding up the Bridge of Sighs
No-one heard her cries
A man kicked me back with a pack of lies 

Train tracks led me nowhere safe
Cities of Gods stopped and stared  
As the world led a paper chase 
 
This is a strange day..tails you fall
Everyone wags their finger forever more

In this morning down on love
Who will come and save the children ?
Woe betide the lollipop man
And the dinner ladies dressed up for the town
This is not the time to lose our crown

Live and let live my Mother said
My Grandfather said it's good to be free
Now I'm in my Father's shoes

How else can I sing the blues ?

I cycled on to Somers town
Forgot to take the message down
The one they hung on poor Charlie Brown

He lives in a caravan on Cinder road
Full to the brim with fools gold
He told me tales of old 
Ones only the world could sow

And I see everyone's plight
Both day and night

And I never ask, I never play
I never hurt anyone...yesterday
  

unicef.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment