Friday 24 January 2014

Anchorman 3 : The Future is Burgundy part 4

  
The Future is Burgundy
                Team four forever...

                Champ: Hey Ron. Do you know you can get 'followers' on the web?

                Ron: Nope!
                Fantana: People sign up for this stuff and follow you
                Ron: Like my own posse team?
                Champ: Your very own. Good 'ol posse! Ride that trail and load those wagons.
                Burgundy's in town. Yee ha!
                Ron: You KNOW I'm kind of a big deal...I like my celebrity s.t.a.t.u.s.
                Veronica: You don't want any of those stalkers Ron
                Champ: There's plenty of those weirdo's in the world let me tell you
                Ron: Well said Champ stalker aka...Bat-Man!
                Champ: Haven't you heard I've got Bee nuggets now! Crispy on the outside with a
                taste of juicy honey on the inside. Melts in yer mouth...bee-eautiful. Mm...mmm
                Brick: Buzz! Buzz!
                Champ: Exactly my friend
                Ron: And how do you vouch for this follower stuff. Is it like a fan club?
                Fantana: Kind of
                Ron: Is it like a competition?
                Champ: Sorta
                Fantana: When you get down to it. People just press a button to like you
                Ron: I like pushing buttons I can do that.
                Veronica: You push my buttons hun
                Ron: Can we talk about this later...by the way I love your belly bar, very swishy


                Brick: I have followers?
                Veronica: You have followers Brick? That's sweet
                Fantana: You do?
                Ron: It must be a cult
                Fantana: The cult of Brick
                Champ: It's catchy.
                Ron: It's the new cult-ture


                Brick: Houte Couture...! I love the hands on approach. Touch screen!
                Fantana: Where do you take you're followers?
                Brick: To Candyland. They call me the Candyman...
                Champ: Whatever you do don't say it five times
                Walter: Candyman! Candyman! Candyman! Candyman! Candyman!...like that!?
                Champ: Uh oh
                Veronica: And then what?
                Brick: Did I say I LIKE bees!
                Ron: Wow. That's a lot of bees coming out of your mouth.
           
                (Yes. It defo is the Wes craven Candyman film referencey)

                Veronica: It's a SWARM! (Veronica is running away)
                Ron: Hey are we in a B-Movie right now?
                Fantana: Stayin alive! She's got the he-bee-gee-bees (The Bee Gees sing Stayin'
                Alive)
                Chani: They don't sting you, they're stingless honey bees sluurrrp...we live in a
                hive


                (Veronica seeks safety in a cave and she can see four men facing away from her
                They are stood looking at their shadows projected from a nearby fire it's...and
                it is very very quiet...sssh! It's Team 4) 

                Veronica: Woah! I didn't realise I was going to run into an allegory of the cave!!
                You're really scaring me guys...guys...? er...guys? This is really freakin' me out...
                Ron: You can close your mouth now Brick. Brick close you mouth!
                Fantana: Hey, that's a cool weapon... 
                Champ: Yeah – he's got a BB Gun!? Where do you think I get all my Bees from.
                Ron: You seriously take all your followers...to Candyland?
                Brick: They love it...buzz buzz. What planet am I on?
                Ron: You have outings?
                Brick: Sure. Loads of people come out in the future. I love insulation.
                Ron: He knows things
                Fantana: Sure does

                Champ: Hey Ron, do you know people even 'endorse' their likes?

                Ron: Nope!
                Fantana: Free advertising man.
                Veronica: Capitalism in a nutshell
                Ron: Wow, is it really that small?
                Fantana: It's the credit crunch, it's capitulation. We really bit down hard and
                that's all there's left. Nothing to chew on but that old chestnut
                Champ: Paramount must 'bee' happy
                Fantana: I don't think they mind. But even I'm a Fan...a fan of Fantana!
                Veronica: Well, they do say writers need to find a voice
                Ron: And he chose us? Is this the best he can do....you stay classy artists
                Veronica: It's okay they do sketches too
                Champ: Whammy! There's always a new craze, the internet it's always changing
                Veronica: Like fashion?

                Ron: People don't write anymore? They just type?
                Champ: People are soo darn lazy
                Fantana: That's not typing that's texting...they 'chitter' on this thing and that's a
                different sort of type

                Veronica: It's called resorting to type or isn't that a typo error oh now undo undo
                undo
                Ron: Excuse me! 'Chitter' ?! Excuse me! I do really have to apologise for this kind
                of language in the public domain
                Champ: But get this. You're only allowed 140 characters
                Brick: I like to talk in characters...
                Ron: Who makes up all these rules? It's not classy. You know I like to break in the
                character rules...I mean roles
                Champ: People tell you what they are doing and about to do. What they had for 
                dinner and snacks
                Ron: Let me guess. Bees!
                Brick: Buzz! Buzz!
                Fantana: Or what kind of coffee they wake up to. Ron?

                Veronica: He's not listening he's ignoring the very interesting question

                Ron: What?

                Champ: Americano with milk, hot milk!
                Ron: Is this really necessary...Latte with a dash of cinnamon?!
                Fantana: Gibraltar (with a Spanish Flag in it)
                Ron: I'm lying by the way. I wake up to morning glory

                Brick: Kopi Susu. You don't drink it, you eat it

                Kopi Susu: (A type of coffee grinder) milk coffee milk coffee milk make up 
                your mind 

                Veronica: I don't even like coffee
                Ron: Well, I didn't think that was very interesting at ALL. Lets talk about hair!
                Fantana: Can we do an App feature next I want them to vibrate you know?
                Champ: This is what I've been saying all along SMS texts man. I can't express
                myself properly
                Veronica: Use your own speaking voice...?
                Ron: 140 characters...! There's No room for an anecdote woman! That's painful!
                Fantana: I hear you

                Brick: Espresso...don't give in to the dark side 
 
                Champ: Listen I'm sinking into bytes of emotion here and there's no room for
                an anecdote either like Ron just mentioned. Someone call the net doctor
                Ron: Doctor who! Who is the net Doctor?

                Leslie Nielson: Did someone say they had bites and there was no antidote?

                Veronica: Hello, play Doctor next

                Leslie Nielson (as Rumack): Yes I'm the real Doctor now and not Peter Capaldi
                Ron: Champ has no room for an anecdote and he's sinking into bites of repressed
                emotion?!
                Fantana: He's a wasted man and this time he can't sit it out. That's the god's 
                honest truth!
                Veronica: What, now you're saying there's no antidote for bouts of repressed
                emotion
                 Leslie Nielson (as Rumack): Welcome to the real world sister
                Walter: Hey Mr. that's my Mum you're talking about. Couldn't you have been, like
                any more...frank?! 
                Frank Drebin: I always knew that guy looked like me, talked like me and walked
                like me. Hell, he even smelt like me. But it wasn't him. Son, go ask him your
                mother

                Walter: (Thinking out loud) Dad?! I'm confused the Doctor just called my mother
                a sister am I his nephew? And now I'm a Policeman's son? So how can i be a
                Policeman's son if a Doctor is just making it up? Frankly I'm not happy about it, 
                either way i thought my Dad was an Anchorman that made me laugh and now 
                he's a comedian?! Who's the actor here...can I call my agent? Is this making any 
                sense?!


                Frank Drebin: You asked for it kid
                Veronica: It's okay Walter. Frank doesn't mean any harm
                Frank: Oh just great! You're soooo damn right I mean look at me armless now 
                you're just mean making jokes about me

                (Death looms overhead and takes a sythe swipe)

                Fantana: Ha ha. Now all you're left with is one right leg left to stand on! 
                Frank: I knew I shouldn't of come into work today...it's my birthday and I
                needed the money!? 

                (Family at home waiting for the next meal to come their way with a surprise
                birthday banner to welcome their Dad home from work)
                
                Ron: Careful or we might put you in a crowded lift and then you won't have 
                much leg room left to stand in...on. And just so you know I'm shouting this
                really loudly so that you can hear me say it...

                (Co-workers & medics agree and lift Frank into the lift...they ALL squeeze in)

                Fantana: Get him drunk it's his birthday, then he'll be legless
                Champ: WHAMMY!
                
                Ron: Yep. Sounds like there's not enough time in the day for catch-up you know.
                Veronica: We're away enough already behind the TV screen as it is
                Champ: Too much screen time. It's a turn off.
                Fantana: And not enough down time to turn on. Know what I'm saying. 
                Champ: How much attention span did you say these people had?
                Ron: Well if they've got down this far. It's been a pretty good attention span 
                day
                Veronica: Give them some credit Ron. Otherwise we'll out on DVD before they 
                finish reading this...

                Ron: Have you caught something? DV-D what?
                Fantana: This is after the LaserDisc right?
                Champ: Video hard copy doesn't exist. 
                Ron: You've gotta have a hard copy. I always carry a hard copy...for my own 
                leather bound library!
                Champ: I'm telling you nothing is solid anymore
                Brick: It's gone liquid. Sluurrrrrp
                Chani: Sluurrrrrp....
                Ron: So, what you're saying is...
                Champ: Yes
                Fantana: Go on
                Ron: What you're really saying is...
                Veronica: Yes hun
                Brick: Buzz...buzz
                Ron: What you're really saying is.....the TELEPROMPTER is now in control!
                Champ: Yep
                Veronica: Oh
                Fantana: Yeah...yeah 
 
                Ron: I can get that
                Champ: WHAMMY!



(Burgundy serial part 3 22/01 part 2 18/01 & part 1 14/01)  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment